Posted: Jan 30, 2013
Organization location:Minneapolis, MN
Apply by:Thu, 02/28/2013
DIRECTOR, BRAND MARKETING
Purpose: Responsible for overall brand strategy, advertising, and public relations for the Wedge.
REPORTS TO: CEO
- Develop and maintain co-op marketing, advertising, public relations, and social media strategies.
- Collaborate with CEO to develop and manage long-term marketing plan and budget.
- Develop and maintain standards for all co-op signage, brochures and other print and display materials.
- Work with buyers on merchandising to maintain a cohesive store image.
- Maintain a current, engaging and relevant web presence for the Wedge, including Facebook, Twitter, the co-op’s website and other outlets as they develop.
- Coordinate public relations for promotions, events and co-op news including press releases and interaction with news media.
- Keep staff informed of upcoming promotions, events and co-op news.
- Recommend ad campaigns and facilitate creation of ads, both print and digital.
- Work closely with Director, Community Relations sponsorships, events, and outreach.
- Serve as member of the management team involved in strategic planning for the co-op.
- Supervise Marketing staff to administer the membership system, including the membership database, member services programs, membership outreach, consumer insights and segmentation analysis.
- Agency and partner management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in developing and managing marketing plans.
- Supervisory experience, including participation in hiring and performance management, coaching, and discipline.
- Passion for organic food and the local food market.
- Experience in retail or brand marketing.
- Knowledge of or experience in digital marketing and social media.
- Ability to balance creative and analytical side of marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and project a friendly, outgoing presence.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to give clear instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in fast-paced team environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time processing on a computer.
- Ability to frequently communicate, present and exchange information and express oneself.
- Ability to occasionally lift files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds.
Contact Name: Jamie Olson
Contact Phone: 612-871-3993