Toolbox: Relocation and Expansion
This toolbox has been created as an aid for co-op managers, project managers and boards of directors who are beginning to plan for the expansion or relocation of their businesses. This manual covers the following:
- Expansion Survey Results: The Survivors Speak
- Assessing Feasibility
- Are you ready? Assessing Your Cooperative’s Capacity for Change, Growth, and Expansion
- Primary Tools for Managing your Expansion Project
- Speaking of Sources: The Role of Lenders
- Lease or Buy? Renovate or Build New?
- Players, Participants, Stakeholders in a Cooperative Expansion or Relocation Project: Cultivating Stakeholder Support
- Staff Development
- The Fifth Stage: Open for Business
- Roles and Responsibilities in Expansion and Relocation Projects
- Working Effectively with Consultants
Written by Bill Gessner and published by Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund. Currently distributed by the National Cooperative Grocers Association.
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced without the prior written permission of the National Cooperative Grocers Association, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in an acknowledged review. Co-ops that purchase this manual electronically may store it electronically and print copies for sharing with other staff or officials of that co-op only. Sharing this manual with individuals or organizations outside of the purchasing co-op is expressly forbidden.
Price: $35 for CGN members.
$40 for non-CGN members.
To purchase this resource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Dan Nordley at 612/436-9177. (Only cooperatives are eligible to purchase this resource.)