Toolbox: Market Study
The purpose of this guide is to provide volunteer board members of new or expanding food cooperatives with a tool they can use to better understand their market potential. This toolbox covers the following:
- What to Expect
- Start-up Versus Expansion, Versus Relocation
- The Difference Between a Market Study and a Feasibility Study
- Market, Trade Area, Location and Site
- Mining Public Data Sources: Resources for Secondary Research
- Talking to Your Customers: Collecting Primary Data
- Checking Out the Competition
- Deciding on a Site
- Next Steps
Written and published by Northcountry Cooperative Development Fund. Currently distributed by the National Cooperative Grocers Association.
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced without the prior written permission of the National Cooperative Grocers Association, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in an acknowledged review. Co-ops that purchase this manual electronically may store it electronically and print copies for sharing with other staff or officials of that co-op only. Sharing this manual with individuals or organizations outside of the purchasing co-op is expressly forbidden.
Price: $35 for CGN members.
Price: $40 for non-CGN members.
To purchase this resource, please email [email protected], or call Dan Nordley at 612/436-9177. (Only cooperatives are eligible to purchase this resource.)