The purpose of this group is to facilitate discussion and exchange of ideas and information about co-op membership and marketing at food co-ops in order to improve the results of that work. Group members are membership and marketing managers and staff who are paid employees of CGN members. This is a members-only group.
Membership and Marketing group members are welcome to:
• Send out any message to the group about matters related to their work as membership and marketing staff members of their co-ops. Subscribers' messages are sent out directly to the discussion group. There is no screening of messages.
The Membership and Marketing group may NOT be used to:
• Promote advertisements or solicitations.
• Circulate such things as petitions, a mass mailing requesting that e-mail messages be sent to someone, or a “chain letter”.
• Forward warning messages without reliable confirmation — e.g. a warning about mass computer flaws, rampant medical problems, etc.
CGN expects all group members to:
• Be respectful of one another and others’ viewpoints in their postings.
• Keep in mind that the group is a public forum and your message will go to all members exactly as you send it.
• Use good judgment in sending messages to the group.
The Membership and Marketing group is not monitored; group members are allowed to send their messages out directly via the group. There is no screening of messages. Group members who post messages that do not meet the above guidelines are subject to having all future messages moderated or having their access to the group terminated.