CGN's Public group provides a forum to facilitate communication among food co-ops and those involved with food co-ops. It is open to anyone who would like to join.
We request that all group members keep their comments focused on topics related to cooperatives and the operations of food co-ops. CGN does not allow the group to be used for commercial purposes.
Public group members are welcome to:
- Post messages about matters related to the operations or organization of their co-op.
- Use the group to “survey” others about practices.
- Get reactions to proposed changes.
- Pass along announcements related to co-op events or news.
- Get references of helpful resources or contacts.
- Announce the selling of used store equipment. (Tip: post on Craigslist and send out message containing the link to Craigslist ad.)
- Engage in discussion with other group members about any co-op related issue.
The Public group may NOT be used for:
- Advertisements or solicitations.
- Circulating such things as petitions, a post requesting that e-mail messages be sent to someone, or a “chain letter”.
- Forwarding warning messages without reliable confirmation e.g. a warning about mass computer flaws, rampant medical problems, etc.
CGN expects ALL group members to:
- Be polite and respectful in their postings.
- Start a new group when the substance is different.
- Keep in mind that this group is a public forum and your message will go to all members exactly as you send it. It will be permanently archived on our website.
- Offer their views on any particular topic once, or maybe twice at the most.
- Not reply to each message on a topic. This does not encourage good dialogue and discourages others to contribute to a discussion.
- Use their best judgment in sending messages out via the group.
The Public group is not monitored; group members are allowed to send their messages out directly via the group. There is no screening of messages. Group members who post messages that do not meet the above guidelines are subject to having all future messages moderated or having their access to the group terminated.