January 2014

Customer Service Training

I'm looking to revamp the customer service training at the Keweenaw Co-op.  Does anyone have any successful programs they'd be willing to share?  I saw a posting last week (?) about someone using the Zingerman's DVD.  Has that been adequate training for your staff?  Does anyone else use the Zingerman's DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Cynthia.

Customer Service Training

I'm looking to revamp the customer service training at the Keweenaw Co-op.  Does anyone have any successful programs they'd be willing to share?  I saw a posting last week (?) about someone using the Zingerman's DVD.  Has that been adequate training for your staff?  Does anyone else use the Zingerman's DVD?

Thanks in advance!

Cynthia.

Labels for Bulk Herbs

We have decided to print our own labels for bulk herbs and spices in house. We are in the preliminary stages of developing a template. If anyone else is doing this I would love to see what you are using. Thanks!

Bad fire at the Co-op Natural Foods store in Sioux Falls, SD

The Co-op Natural Foods Store in Sioux Falls suffered a devasting fire early on Sunday.

This from the Argus Leader newspaper account:

Authorities say a Sioux Falls business suffered extensive smoke damage from a fire early Sunday Morning.

Sioux Falls Fire Rescue said the fire was reported at the Natural Food Co-op just after 3 a.m. Read more »

Team Training Programs

I'm trying to develop a Team Training program for our co-op.  I've found some helpful resources on this network - thanks to everyone who's posted.  If anyone would be willing to point me toward other resources or contact me directly to tell me a little about successful programs at your co-ops, I'd love to hear what's going on.  Thanks!

Tina

Friendly City Food Co-op

Does anyone know of succesful retail that has a ramp down to enter up to exit?

We have been looking for a bigger, better located site for a couple of years.  There is a great location with enough space available now, but the floor is 4' below the entry level.

So, I am trying to find out if anyone knows of any succesful grocery that has a ramp up to exit....

thanks,

Jim DeLuca

2014 Awards for Cooperative Excellence

Do you know someone who deserves an award?  Nominations are being accepted for the awards for cooperative excellence in the food co-op sector:  cooperative service, innovation and achievement, "retailer of the year," and board service.  The award process is managed by the Howard Bowers Fund of the Cooperative Development Foundation and nominations are being accepted through April 18.  For more information and a nomination form, see www.cdf.coop/howard-bowers-awards or e-mail [email protected].  

Kudos on shiny, new CGN!

I just wanted to give y'all a shout out for the new discussion groups, and shining example of cooperation in the 21st century of technology!

The magazine, website, and discussion groups are all exceeding my expectations in the best possible ways, and it's really awesome to see the actualization of ideas we had years ago, sitting around in a CGIN board meeting just prior to CCMA dreaming the future. Well the future is now! and I'm really happy that CGN is leading the way!

Multi-purpose copier

Does anyone have a multipurpose copier/fax/scan/etc. that you have had good luck with?  We are looking to replace one of our Ricoh Aficio MP C4500's with a new copier, and we've had a lot of issues with this brand/model so I am hesistant to replace them with another of the same brand.  Granted the one we are replacing is from 2007-ish, so it's pretty old in the copier world...

Thanks for any input!

Distributing Annual Reports

Hi all,

We've just publised our first Annual Report (hooray!) and want it to get in the hands of all our owners. How are folks out there doing it? We're sending a digital copy to our owners via email and making it available on the website, but as for print I'm not sure of the best course of action. Mass mailing? Copies in store? Both? Collective wisdom welcome.