1. Why can't I see Library documents?
In most cases, users are not logged in. Once you login, you can see the documents you searched for and are able to download them.
In more rare cases, users do not have a staff or board role assigned to their account. Please check with your CGN Account Manager or with CGN admin to verify this. Without a role assignment, you cannot upload or download Library items, fill out the Discussion Groups request form or post a job.
2. Why can't I find a co-op using the general search field?
The general search field (upper right) finds most everything related to the co-op but the co-op itself usually does not show up in the top 10 results.
Go to the Directory and type in the name of the co-op in the title field or scroll down by state.
3. I can't find any documents when I search in the Library.
The best way to find a document is to go to Advanced Search. Enter keywords or a phrase and select "Document" from the list of options.
Also, see the right-hand menu on the main Library page and select "Documents" for a table of recently added documents.
4. Is there a general page for each category in the Resource Library?
Yes. You will see a red plus sign. Either click on it to expand the category or click on the top level and go to the category's page. There you will find recent content, subcatories and documents. See Marketing and Communications as an example of a category's aggregate page.
5. I really don't want to use the site all the time to follow discussions. Can they appear in my inbox?
Yes. Go to Account Settings and scroll down to "Messaging and Notifications settings." Set your send interval to immediately, every hour, twice a day, daily, or weekly.
Conversely, if you don't want any notifications clutting your inbox, deselect the box next to "Automatically enable notifications for any groups that I join."
6. Why can't I purchase Toolboxes? I am logged in.
Like the old CGIN site, only CGN account managers can purchase toolboxes.
7. I am an account manager and I added my staff and board earlier this fall. But when I tried to update their emails this week, I couldn't access them. Help!
Unlike the old site, the new CGN site gives more autonomy to users. CGN account managers set up new user accounts for staff and board but after that, staff and board are responsibile for updating their accounts.
If staff or board leave, then the CGN account manager can delete the person's membership but still needs to contact CGN admin so we can properly delete the person from the entire site.