Job Title: Category Manager
Job Summary: The National Cooperative Grocers Association (NCGA) is accepting applications for the position of Category Manager. This position develops and implements strategies to support NCGA’s members with promotions, pricing (and margin), product mix, and shelf placement. NCGA Category Managers solicit for, negotiate, and secure promotions and new item introductions with vendors/brokers on behalf of NCGA’s retailers.
The preferred candidate should have a strong background with grocery products, have a minimum of three years’ experience with negotiating trade-support for retail promotions, and be able to analyze and interpret data within the context of category management. The successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills, be deadline-driven, and have a strong commitment to customer service. This position will be located in NCGA’s office in St. Paul, Minnesota with up to (approx.) 25% travel.
- Familiarity with category management: merchandizing, promotions, product selection
- Experience in retail grocery buying, brokering or marketing
- Skilled in and experienced with negotiations
- Ability to understand and employ pricing strategy
- Ability to be resourceful with allocating funds for best outcomes
- Ability to work independently and with teams, groups
- Experience in natural products industry
- Ability to create effective, visually attractive promotional displays
Please be advised that no materials will be returned and applicants missing requested materials may not be considered. Applicant information will be kept confidential during the screening process, excepting references provided by applicant.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a great opportunity for the right individual.
About: NCGA is a member-owned, equal opportunity, national cooperative providing a variety of business services to retail food co-ops in 38 states.