STATUS: Full time exempt, 40 hours a week, some evenings and weekends.
PROJECTED HIRE DATE: August 1, 2014
- Able to multitask and work under the pressure of deadlines
- Must have knowledge of organic and commercial growing practices and organic certification regulations
- Must work well with others in a cooperative environment where teamwork is essential
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer literate, especially in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Understand and work with sales data and financial information, including pricing, margin, and budgets
- Excellent time management and leadership skills to balance the needs of staff to the needs of the organization
- Interact professionally with vendors, customers, staff, and public
- Sense of humor
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Must model exemplary customer service skills
- Previous supervisory experience and experience in organic produce preferred
- Oversee all purchasing for the Produce department
- Oversee the planning and maintenance of an attractive department layout, including proper merchandising, promotional displays, and signage for clear and accurate pricing
- Ensure Produce preparation and display areas are maintained and meet Health Department standards, proper storage and labeling procedures are followed, and maintain department equipment.
- Set department financial goals, write an annual business plan, and review department financial performance.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff while following store policies and procedures to encourage cooperation and integrity
- Manage Produce staff including hiring, training, performance reviews, corrective counseling/disciplinary action, scheduling, and other personnel related tasks.
Interested applicants please submit a resume and a cover letter with at least 3 professional references to Care Kerlin at
Whole Foods Cooperative
1341 W 26th St
Erie, PA 16508
or email your resume, cover letter, and any other documents to [email protected]
Whole Foods Cooperative is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.