Grocery Manager/Buyer Job Opening
Full Time Position
Daily Groceries is a small natural foods co-op centrally located in Athens, Georgia. Daily is dedicated to growing a thriving, local, cooperative economy in Athens. We provide a fun, inspiring place to shop and learn; a hub for community and civic engagement; and a source of excellent food. Daily is experiencing rapid growth and our management team plays a unique role in steering that exciting growth. We are looking for a motivated and experienced retail professional to join our team as Grocery Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- To select, price and merchandise Grocery products (all products that are not Produce or Deli) to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory turns and customer service.
- Negotiate with suppliers for favorable prices, terms, quality, delivery.
- Maintain integrity of product cost and price in Point of Sale system.
- Provide outstanding customer service to store patrons.
- Retail store experience
- Organized, able to create and maintain organizational systems to track multiple tasks
- Basic computer proficiency including excel and database systems.
- Math skills necessary to calculate discounts, margins.
- Strong communication skills and experience to handle a wide variety of customer/vendor interactions. Ability to give clear directions and listen.
- Demonstrated success in customer service
- Demonstrated professional maturity
- Schedule flexibility, including ability to work one weekend day.
- High level of interest in the cooperative business structure and in the long-term sustainability of locally owned independent businesses
Ideal applicant will have
- Purchasing and merchandising experience in a relevant environment
- Knowledge of current trends in natural food industry
- Experience on the back end of a point of sale system -- Catupult or a similar system
- Supervisory experience
Compensation based on experience. Includes 20% discount on most store purchases.
Full job description attached. Qualified applicants please email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
No phone calls or in person inquiries . We regret that we are unable to reply to all job applicant emails – only those chosen for the interview process will receive a reply.