Help us change the way the world eats: Store manager needed for fast growing food co-op. Results based individual sought to oversee all phases of grocery store- focused on local, organic, and fresh foods. Set and achieve goals for margin, sales growth, and inventory turns. Be the leader and coach of dedicated, motivated team. Participate in management and leadership of entire organization. Amazing Grains Food Cooperative is located in beautiful downtown Grand Forks. Full time with excellent benefits, discounts, flexible scheduling. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic person with a love for local, organic foods. Apply today!
Deadline for application is 6/6/14
Amazing Grains is an equal opportunity employer.
See job description below.
Position Title: Store Manager
Exemption Status: Exempt
A Store Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer and member-owner experience, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
• Ensure that each Customer receives outstanding Customer Service by providing a Customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Customer Service.
• Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
• Acts as backup for any department ordering or receiving when needed.
• Responsible for monthly sales and signing as well as communication with employees about upcoming sales.
• Stays abreast of industry trends, comparison shop and report results; share information with General Manager and make appropriate price adjustments.
• Review department/store trends and recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
• Continually evaluate and react to performance issues.
• Train and develop store employees in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel.
• Responsible for hiring new employees, promoting, conducting employee evaluations, disciplining and terminations.
• Creates schedules including staff meetings and trainings.
• Responsible for the coordination of volunteers as necessary.
• Responsible for the daily bank deposit and monthly bank reconciliation.
• Responsible for ensuring daily tasks are completed and store is operational.
• Responsible for the creation, printing and disbursement of Garlic Press.
• Acts as contact person for all vendors including food-related or store-related. Serves as first line contact for employees and customers.
• Acts as resident Co-Pos expert and troubleshoots any Co-Pos issues.
• Responsible for the timely ordering of all supplies including office and store.
• Responsible for the proper ordering and distribution of uniforms ensuring all employees are in work appropriate attire.
• Ensures inventory is completed on a quarterly basis with all merchandise properly accounted.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by General Manager
In Partnership with the General Manager:
• Develops compensation and benefit programs.
• Establishes annual budget, including pay raises, professional training and development.
• Assess training opportunities, coordinates and implements training and professional development.
• Evaluates employee and operational policy and modifies content and methodology as business requires.
• Responsible for the execution of marketing, branding and pricing strategy as developed with General Manager.
Essential Physical Requirements: (Lifting - Exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment)
• Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
• Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
• Ability to work varied hours/days including weekends and holidays to oversee store operations.
Allocation of Duties:
40% Employee Management and Supervision
40% Store Operations
20% Member, Cooperative and Community Relations - See more at: http://www.jobshq.com/search/page/details/job/445520/#sthash.kdTspfQk.dpuf