OPENING IN GROCERY:
ASSISTANT GROCERY MANAGER
The purpose of this position is to oversee selection, pricing, and promotion of products to meet goals for sales, margin, inventory turns, and to implement data-based Category Management in the Wellness Department. To assure exceptional purchasing and merchandising strategies are carried out consistently by staff. Assist in supervising staff and all aspects of the department including receiving, stocking, and merchandising in addition to specific category purchasing.
Brief description of job responsibilities:
- Hire qualified applicants following established hiring policies.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate employees following established policy.
- Schedule hours for department within labor allocation and review/modify schedules and punches in the time clock and scheduling software.
- On receiving days, ensure product check in procedures and delegate staff in accordance with receiving systems.
- Assist with overseeing stocking to ensure shelves and coolers are fully stocked and rotated.
- Responsible for back-up buying in all departments of Grocery and Wellness departments.
- Assist Grocery Manager in working with department coordinators to plan attractive displays, coordinate end cap design, and ensure that sufficient merchandise is ordered to stock displays for period of display.
- Maintain high level of product knowledge and communicate pertinent product information to departmental teams.
- Participate in quarterly and periodic inventory counts.
- Serve as a back up to the Grocery Manager.
- At least 2-3 years supervisory experience including hiring, training, evaluating, and directing.
- Ability to successfully master the varied and numerous tasks of the Grocery and Wellness departments.
- Moderate knowledge of Supplements, Homeopathic Remedies, and Natural Health and Beauty Care products.
- Ability to read financial statements and clear understanding of margin, pricing, and labor costs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts are required.
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and internet research skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or sit for several hours at a time; lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis, occasionally 50 lbs.; twist, turn, squat, and bend; do repetitive motions; visually read fine print; visually read a computer screen for long periods of time; climb a ladder.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an online application via our website https://eastendfoodcoop.hiringthing.com/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!