OPENING IN CAFE:
CAFÉ COUNTER SUPERVISOR
The purpose of this position is to oversee, coordinate and manage the operations of the Café counter and counter staff in order to meet objectives for sales, margin, labor, and customer service as determined by the Café Manager. To work together with Kitchen Supervisor and Cafe Production Supervisor to assure smooth work flow throughout the department.
Brief description of job responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise Counter staff. Provide training and direction as required with regards to staff work activities, quality of performance, breaks, and exceptional circumstances as they arise.
- Research and develop new recipes and menu items with staff input and Café Manager's approval.
- Follow established procedures for pricing beverages and other Counter items to meet margin goals.
- Ensure accurate up-to-date records with regard to cost of preparing beverages, salad bar and other Counter items.
- Plan and maintain attractive, fully stocked and rotated displays, fronting and facing as needed throughout shift, in keeping with storewide standards.
- Ensure accurate, uniform, up-to-date department labeling and signage in keeping with store branding criteria.
- Ensure adequate amounts of Café production and packaging supplies. Initiate purchases or delegate purchasing to Café staff.
- Ensure proper receiving procedures with consistent standards and adequate training. To the extent possible, synch with store automated receiving procedures.
- Work with Café Manager to establish sales, margin and labor goals for the salad bar, beverages and other Counter items.
- Supervisory experience including hiring, training, evaluating, and directing.
- Well organized, pays attention to cleanliness and detail.
- Experience in food service, customer service required.
- Ability to read financial statements and clear understanding of margin, pricing, and labor costs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts are required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or sit for several hours at a time; lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis; twist, turn, squat, and bend; do repetitive motions; visually read fine print; visually read a computer screen for long periods of time.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an online application via our website https://eastendfoodcoop.hiringthing.com/
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!