Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op
Seeks Prepared Foods/Deli Manager
Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op is seeking an experienced Prepared Foods/Deli Manager. This is a leadership position, part of our management team and responsible for managing all aspects of smooth running prepared foods/deli department. The manager is responsible for motivating and providing staff with tools required for superior customer service and meeting department objectives for sales, margin, labor, and customer service. This position oversees ordering, pricing, and inventory control.
Our Prepared Foods/Deli sales are nearly $30,000 per week including organic salad bar, made to order sandwiches, baked goods, smoothies, juices, coffees, grab & go, catering and bakery items.
Ideal candidates will have:
· Experience leading and managing 20+ staff
· Strong fiscal, operational and people skills
· Ability to model exceptional customer service
· Knowledge of natural, local, and organic food preparation and merchandising
· Excellent communication skills and a great sense of humor
Required qualifications include:
- experience managing a restaurant or deli
- familiarity with specialty foods and special dietary choices
- demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
- A minimum of two years management experience
Competitive compensation and excellent benefit package including group health insurance, profit sharing bonus, three weeks of paid time off, paid holidays, generous store discount, retirement plan, and voluntary benefits (flexible spending 125 plan and dental). For more information on Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, please visit our website at www.middleburycoop.com. Our website also has our Co-op employment application.
Send letter of interest, resume and Co-op application to: Search Committee, Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, 1 Washington St., Middlebury, VT 05753 or [email protected].