Whole Foods Cooperative is looking for an experienced Front End Manager.
STATUS: Full time, 40 hours a week, some evenings and weekends.
PROJECTED HIRE DATE: June 16, 2014
- Two years of experience in a management role in a retail environment or equivalent degree/experience
- Understanding of basic accounting and experience working with financial information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the capacity to lead, manage, and motivate staff
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with vendors, customers, staff, and public as well as working with confidential information
- Capable of handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Basic computer skills, especially in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Ability to balance the needs of staff to the needs of the organization
- Familiarity with organic and natural products beneficial
- Manages front end staff including hiring, training, performance reviews, corrective counseling/disciplinary action, scheduling, and other personnel related tasks.
- Delivers exemplary customer service by ensuring prompt, friendly, courteous service from self and front end staff and maintains an inviting environment by greeting customers and visitors
- Operates POS system including trouble shooting and correcting register and pricing issues.
- Responsible for cashier money handling, security protocols, and other financial responsibilities
- Ensures that all registers, scales, and other equipment are in good working order, recommends equipment upgrades when appropriate.
- Maintains register areas and customer service are cleaned and organized and supplies are ordered and stocked
Interested applicants please submit a Whole Foods Co-op job application and/or resume to Ann Rosenthal or Care Kerlin at Whole Foods Cooperative, 1341 W 26th Street Erie, PA 16508 or email your resume to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Whole Foods Cooperative is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.