Amazing Grains Food Cooperative located in beautiful downtown Grand Forks is looking for a skilled Deli Manager. Full time with excellent benefits. A great fit for this position would be someone with previous menu costing experience, deli management, food production, quality and efficiencies. Retail and operations background is preferred, this position will serve as interim Store Manager for 3 months this fall. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic person with a love for local, organic foods. Apply today!
Deadline for application is 4/25/14.
Amazing Grains is an equal opportunity employer.
See job description below.
Under direction from General Manager and from Store Manager, oversee all operations in kitchen including, but not limited to: deli staff and food, bakery, catering, and all special orders.
- Responsible for consistency and high quality of all deli food products as well as deli customer service.
- Sets the department standards for customer service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and overall profitability.
- Determines department goals with store manager.
- Figures retail pricing ensuring it is competitive within our region and meeting margin goals.
- Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to actuals.
- Conducts inventory of the department.
- Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work plan for the department.
- Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
- Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
- Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
- Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance is performed.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Responsible for all kitchen staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling.
- Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates personnel, acts on employee problems, and selects new employees.
- Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
- Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge, and salary increases.
- Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
- Handles and satisfies customer issues.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
o escorting them to the products they're looking for,
o securing products that are out of reach,
o loading or unloading heavy items,
o making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests,
o performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
- Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing education.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- May be required to perform tasks outside of job description when needed. This includes but is not limited to helping any kitchen staff in any capacity when able, working on unscheduled days, working long days, or not having consecutive days off.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical Requirements: (Lifting - Exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment)
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work while standing and/or walking for no less than 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to work varied hours/days including weekends and holidays to oversee store operations.
Allocation of Duties:
45% Employee Management and Supervision
30% Kitchen Operations
25% Menu Planning, Costing, Ordering, Inventory
2-3 Years Management or Equivalent Leadership Experience
5-10 Years Experience in Fast-Paced Kitchen Environment
Commercial and/or Retail Baking Experience
Basic Proficiency with Common Software Applications
5-10 Years Management or Equivalent Leadership Experience
2-3 Years Head Chef, Master Baker, Deli Manager or Equivalency
2-3 Years Catering and/or Large Event Planning
Employer Information Amazing Grains
214 Demers Ave
Grand Forks North Dakota 58201
- PH: 701-775-4542
- Website: www.amazinggrains.org