Finance Manager Position
Roanoke Natural Food Co-op
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op has an immediate opening for an experienced finance and accounting professional. The successful candidate will lead our accounting department in the preparation of monthly financial statements and management reporting. As a member of the Co-op Leadership Team, the Finance Team Leader will provide financial analysis and input regarding the management of our business and future growth opportunities. Retail financial management, MS Office and Sage 50/Peachtree experience is preferred.
Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op has two-stores and a farm with sales of $6 million and a staff of sixty individuals. We have over 3,500 member-owners and serve as a leader for health and cooperative education for the greater Roanoke metropolitan area. Our stores are located in Historic Grandin Village and in downtown Roanoke, Virginia.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 5 years as Controller or Finance Manager for a retail business or comparable experience.
• An understanding and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Computer literacy with the following software: Peachtree; Windows 7; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
• Must have ability to learn proprietary software
• Highly organized with ability to prioritize
• Good written and verbal communicator
• Ability to understand government regulations and policies
• Ability to supervise
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member within Roanoke’s organizational structure
• Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, budgets, and annual audits.
• Oversee the activities of the accounting department staff to ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, staff expense reports, cash control, payroll processing, and payroll tax compliance.
• Oversee the activities of the accounting department staff to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts and quarterly and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
• Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
• Establish and maintain systems and internal controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the cooperative’s value.
• Perform internal audits of the various operations.
• Attends monthly Board Finance Committee meetings.
• Directly supervises accounting department staff members in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Respond to the General Manager as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his/her financial needs.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by General Manager.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, board, customers, members, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Full-time, exempt position.
Reports to General Manager.
Please forward your expression of interest in this position, salary requirements and resume to Elizabeth Wilson, Human Resources Manager, c/o Roanoke Natural Foods Co-op – 1319 Grandin Road, SW – Roanoke, Virginia 24015.