Date of Posting 4.10.2014 (Open Until Filled)
Position Title Communications & Design Specialist
Salary $12.25 per hour
Hours 35 hours per week, paid vacation and sick time, health benefits
Job Summary Communication and Design is an integral part of Membership and Marketing by creating and maintaining the internal and external face of Mariposa.
● Solicits content for and schedules messaging for web-based platforms, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, etc.
● Designs, updates, and archives print and web-based materials (in collaboration with staff) related to sales, education and outreach, and member development ensuring a consistent “look” for all Co-op materials and store signage
● Stays abreast of social media trends and effectively uses social media resources to enhance communications with Co-op membership, shoppers, and surrounding community
● Supports coordination of all advertising and publicity activities - including print, radio, television, and web communications
● Tracks and archives Mariposa press mentions
● Expedites timely delivery of graphic materials to users, assures proper placement, and monitors for replacement, as appropriate
● Updates website as directed
● Develops and maintains photo database for marketing use. Facilitates use of photo database for staff and marketing use
● Liaises with Buying and Marketing Teams to promote products
Qualified candidates must demonstrate:
● In depth knowledge of graphic design concepts, and familiarity of typography, and color theory
● Proficiency with InDesign and Photoshop (required)
● Experience with CSS/HTML, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and Constant Contact (preferred)
● Exceptional writing and editing skills
● Project management skills
● Both self-taught and professionally-trained candidates may apply. Selected candidates will be asked to provide examples of both writing and design work, electronic or otherwise
The Communications and Design Assistant reports to Membership and Marketing and, the Staff Collective.
This position description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.