Daily Groceries Co-op is small co-op centrally located in Athens, Georgia. We are currently experiencing rapid growth and are seeking a Front End Manager to join our team. This is a pivotal time in our co-op's life cycle and our management team plays a key role in shaping our future growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- hiring, training, scheduling, support and supervision of Front End staff (currently 10 part-time staff)
- ensure accuracy of money-handling and cashier deposits
- prepare bank deposits and support bookkeeper with report reviews
- proficiency with Point of Sale system, ability to trouble shoot and support database accuracy
- Retail store experience
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems
- Demonstrated success in customer service training and support
- Demonstrated professional maturity
- High level of interest in the cooperative business structure and in the long-term sustainability of locally owned independent businesses
- Familiarity with local, organic and natural foods
- Organized, meticulous attention to details
- Open availability
Compensation is currently $10/hr, with opportunity for increase within 2014. Other benefits include 20% discount on store purchases and expansive training opportunities including travel to other food co-ops in the US. Daily's growth will afford us the opportunity to expand benefits in the coming year, committed members of our team will play a large role in shaping those benefits.
Qualified applicants please email resume and cover letter to the General Manager, Andrea Malloy at [email protected] No phone calls please.