New Orleans Food Co-op is now hiring a GROCERY DEPARTMENT MANAGER
To purchase, price and promote products and to ensure adequate receiving and stocking of grocery items and to supervise buying, receiving, and stocking by grocery department staff to meet objectives for sales, margin, inventory turns, labor, product selection guidelines and customer service.
- Negotiate with suppliers and purchasing grocery items following product selection guidelines.
- Stocking, merchandising, & ensuring product freshness in: packaged, refrigerated, frozen, bulk, & non-food grocery.
- Researching local products & supporting the development of the co-op’s product selection.
- Supervising department staff.
- Providing a welcoming environment, excellent customer service, and prompt, accurate check out for our owners and community members.
- wages based on experience
- 15% discount on groceries
- paid time off
- medical, dental, & vision insurance
- other benefits
View the full job description and download an application at www.nolafood.coop or pick up an application at the store. Position open until filled. Must complete application to be considered, please submit both resume and application.