Honest Weight Food Co-op is looking for a hard-working individual to lead and cultivate greatness throughout our Produce department.
Job duties include: visioning, leadership, and administration of the co-op’s Produce Department; product mix, price image and inventory management; oversight of department merchandising, purchasing, receiving, stocking, physical plant and cleanliness; supervision of department staff; and providing exemplary customer service.
An employment application, a detailed job description, and full instructions for application are available at the co-op’s service desk and at: http://www.hwfc.com/page/employment-85.html
Be sure to return a completed application and your resume with your reply by Monday, February 24th.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in retail management
- Previous experience with produce: retail, wholesale, farming, gardening, professional cooking, etc.
- Commitment to organic and local agriculture.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs safely and consistently
- Ability to handle multiple demands
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills: a good listener who gives clear instructions.
- Strong organizational skills with proven follow through on commitments.
- Thorough understanding of mark up and margins to achieve department goals.
- Supervisory experience: hiring, training, evaluating and giving direction.
- Preferably a familiarity with and interest in natural foods.
- Prior merchandising experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Honest Weight offers a generous benefits package including paid time off; an employee discount on all in-store purchases; a retirement plan; and medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for eligible employees.
Please note: DO NOT CALL ABOUT THIS POSITION. We will contact the applicants we wish to interview.
Send your completed application along with a resume and cover letter, to:
Honest Weight Food Co-op, Inc.
100 Watervliet Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Attn: Produce Manager Search
or via email to: [email protected]
It is the Policy of Honest Weight Food Co-op to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran standing, or any legally protected status.