Purpose: To work with Director of Brand Marketing to establish the voice of The Wedge and write content for all co-op publications both internal and external.
Reports to: Director of Brand Marketing
· Coordinate, prepare, edit and manage the production of a quarterly Wedge Co-op newsletter
· Write articles for the newsletter, but also source and manage other local writers to provide engaging, educational content
· Project manage a yearly editorial calendar and print production schedule
· Collaborate with Wedge employees and Board of Director on the relevant content
· Collaborate with Director of Brand Marketing and Graphic Designer to find photos, art and other graphics for the newsletter
· Manage newsletter budget and process invoices with the support of the Director of Brand Marketing
· Collaborate with the Member Records Specialist to develop member mailing lists
· Develop and write website content
· Provide editorial support for bi-monthly email newsletters content
· Be on the pulse of all happenings within the natural and organic food industry and co-ops – legislation, food issues and trends, environment, sustainability, culture etc.
· Completes other tasks as assigned by Director of Brand Marketing
· Follow all safety policies and procedures
· At least 3 years of experience in writing or public relations and project management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong connections within the Minneapolis writing and food community
· Detail oriented and project-focused; ability to coordinate and manage a large number of tasks
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team and to work closely with others
· Ability to work within approved budget, track finances and process invoices
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time processing on a computer.
• Ability to frequently communicate, present and exchange information and express oneself.
• Ability to occasionally lift files and boxes weighing up to 25 pounds