General Manager, Full Time, Bluff Country Co-op
Posted: Aug 11, 2013
Organization:Bluff Country Co-op
Organization location:121 West 2nd Street, Winona MN
Apply by:Mon, 09/09/2013
About Bluff Country Co-opBluff Country Co-op's store is 3,500 square feet staffed by more than 30 employees who help to generate over $2,000,000 in annual sales. We use a "policy governance" system of leadership. General Manager duties and relationship with the governing board are detailed in our policy governance document (available on our website, www.bluff.coop).
Below are specific duties of the General Manager:
- Provide exceptional value and service to our members and customers.
- Purchase goods and services for the Co-op based on a good value per dollar spent, without incurring real conflict of interest.
- Deal with staff and volunteers in a humane, fair and forthright manner.
- Protect and maintain assets.
- Develop and operate with a financial plan that includes adequate detail and disclosed assumptions.
- Maintain compensation and benefits which reflect the integrity of all work done at the Co-op, taking into account market conditions, regional comparisons and internal needs.
- Maintain financial conditions that do not incur fiscal jeopardy or compromise Board goals and priorities.
- Provide information to the Board that is timely, complete and accurate (via monthly monitoring reports).
- Adhere to policies authorized by the Board.
- retail food store management experience
- understanding of the components of financial statements and operating, capital, and cash budgeting experience
- supervisory experience hiring, training, evaluating, and coaching, compensating, firing
- demonstrated capacity for team-building and proven leadership skills
- proven communication skills, including ability to listen and react appropriately and ability to give and receive feedback
- ability to handle multiple demands and prioritize appropriately
- computer literacy
- cooperative management experience
- personal and professional values that align with cooperative principles
- experience in retail natural foods
- experience supervising managers
- ability to interpret financial statements to others
- experience working with a Board of Directors and with policy governance
- understanding of the local and sustainable food movement
To RespondPlease send your (1) a cover letter addressing the qualifications above, (2) a resume, and (3) contact information for professional references to: [email protected], or mail it to GM Search, c/o Bluff Country Co-op, 121 W 2nd Street, Winona, MN, 55987.
Contact name:Aurea Osgood, BCC Board President