The Fresh Market currently has an opening for an Engineering & Energy Manager to be based at our Corporate Office in Greensboro, North Carolina. The Engineering and Energy Manager will be responsible for managing:
- Energy services providers, procurement of deregulated energy contracts and analyzing consumption.
- Setting up new service utility contracts, maintaining the correct rate structures.
- Manage our outside consultants for the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and refrigeration design for all new stores and remodels. Maintaining the standards for TFM design.
- Maintaining the design schedule for all projects, owner purchased equipment submittal and shop drawing review.
- Work closely with the Real Estate, Development, Construction, Procurement and Facilities departments, providing engineering direction as needed.
The Engineering and Energy Manager will be expected to demonstrate a high level of integrity with our employees and vendors. Excellent multi-tasking, communication and organizational skills and a sense of urgency are required in the management engineering designs. The Engineering and Energy Manager leads by example and works to produce high quality finished products.
Join the Fresh Market, and you'll work for a company that's dedicated to making positive, lasting impressions on our customers, and on our employees. A company that cares just as much about the little things as we do about the big ones.
The Fresh Market will require a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering design and energy management for the grocery industry. A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering and a Certified Energy Manager certificate will be required. Demonstrated equivalent experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree. Understanding of refrigeration and HVAC control systems is preferred.
This position requires a highly motivated and creative individual, who thinks strategically and possess strong analytical skills. A working knowledge of MS Office suite is essential and AutoCAD is also preferred. An understanding and expertise on general construction trades, EPA Refrigerant, governmental guidelines and OSHA regulations is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be a strong team player possessing excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication skills, and adaptable to a fast-paced, challenging environment. This position will report to the Director of Facilities.