Assistant Store Manager
The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Assistant Store Manager to join our management team and help to drive the success of our busy ($28+ million per year) store. As an employee at the Co-op, you will have the opportunity to contribute to and support an alternative form of business based on the values of cooperation, sustainable practices, support for healthy choices, belief in cooperative economics and open, honest and trustworthy business practices. The Co-op strives to be a trusted source of natural foods and products, and a reliable resource for consumer information. As a part of our team, you will enjoy a fun, friendly and healthy work environment.
Our Priorities and Expectations
*Customer Service: Exceed our customers' expectations for service and provides a welcoming environment for all in accordance with theCo-op's customer service standards.
*Adaptability: Deal with frequent change, manage competing demands, and handle unexpected events with a positive attitude.
*Leadership: Collaborate with department managers and provide leadership and assistance with challenges and finding solutions.
*Quality Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, looking for ways to improve and promote quality, and apply feedback to improve performance.
*Quantity: Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner.
*Ethics: Work with integrity and ethics, inspiring trust and upholding organizational values.
*Effectively and efficiently manage all aspects of store operations based on the goals, objectives and standards established by the General Manager.
*Supervise and assist department managers with planning, goal setting, employee motivation and disciplinary issues.
*Develop and establish store policy, procedure and guidelines in accordance with law, company policy, and our bargaining unit agreement.
*Produce a weekly store schedule that complies with budget.
*Take care of plant, equipment, repairs and maintenance needs of the store.
*Assist department managers with operational policy and procedure to enhance customer service, profitability, and employee morale.
* 3+ years of recent retail, food service or hospitality experience.
* 2+ years of recent experience in management or supervision, grocery store management experience, preferred.
* Must have excellent communication and people management skills.
* Must have computer skills, experience with spreadsheets and be able to operate necessary equipment.
* Must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 60 pounds.
* Knowledge or background in natural and organic foods highly desired.
* Must have open schedule and be available to work over-time if needed.