Be the face of Bloomingfoods to the Near West Side shoppers and community. Ensure prompt, friendly, courteous customer service, accurate cash handling, store security, and overall store conditioning. Make each customers experience exceptional.
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader with excellent customer service and communication skills. This employee will be responsible for supervising staff and ensuring prompt, friendly, courteous customer service, accurate cash handling, store security and overall store conditioning. This full time position requires some nights and weekends as well as holidays.
This is a full time, salaried position with a salary that will be based on your skills and experience. Bloomingfoods offers health benefits and paid time off to full time staff. Bloomingfoods has over 10,000 members, 270 staff and operates four retail locations with a fifth store opening this summer. The Near West Side store is a 7,000sqft facility that was opened in 2007.
Please contact Patty, Mary Kate or Jeff with any questions: 812-339-4442
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Bloomingfoods Human Resources department before Noon on Monday, June 24th, 2013.
In person or by mail:
Bloomingfoods Administrative Offices
Attn. Human Resources
117 S Gentry Street
Bloomington, IN 47404
hr [at] bloomingfoods.coop
marykate [at] bloomingfoods.coop
Bloomingfoods Near West Side Location Manager
Purpose: Be the face of Bloomingfoods to the Near West Side shoppers and community. Ensure prompt, friendly, courteous customer service, accurate cash handling, store security, and overall store conditioning. Make each customers experience exceptional.
Status: Reports to the Service Coordinator
Supervises Service Clerks, Floor Managers
1. Ensure accuracy and security of all cash received through front end, by ensuring strong money-handling procedures, reviewing all paperwork, tracking over/shorts and giving regular performance feedback.
2. Schedule coverage of all service clerk and floor manager shifts.
3. Run a register as needed.
4. Troubleshoot POS system and work with POS coordinator and the operations team to ensure prompt correction of pricing and scanning problems. Maintain a 99% Scan Rate.
5. Train all new service clerks on current systems.
6. Maintain systems that ensure service clerks are aware of price changes, specials, and all changes in store policies and procedures affecting cashiering, including daily produce walk-thrus, reviews of current promotions, and facilitation of regular meetings.
7. Ensure adequate store supplies are available including adequate level of front end supplies (register tape, pens, sacks, etc.) at registers.
8. Coordinate tasks and projects for cashiers when there are no customers to check out.
9. Assist bookkeeping in collecting on bad checks as needed.
10. Work with Service Coordinator to set location financial goals for service team.
11. Conduct store tours.
12. Manage the scheduling and use of annex space.
13. Monitor and respond to customer comments. Pass feedback along to other staff as needed.
1. Understand basic operations in all store departments and be prepared to assist in day to day operations as needed, including but not limited to stocking, receiving, cleaning, and fronting and facing.
2. Supervise all staff on shift in the store. Troubleshoot as needed. Assist with disciplinary issues as needed.
3. Ensure prompt, friendly, courteous customer service. Smile! Handle customer questions and complaints.
4. Ensure the security and maintenance of the annex spaces adjacent to the store (former Glass Co. Space.)
5. Oversee staff on shift in cleaning and maintenance procedures to keep store in clean, orderly condition.
6. Monitor and document cooler and freezer temperatures. Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns as needed.
7. Carry out established opening and closing procedures.
8. Ensure that shelf tag updates are printed and posted daily.
9. Uphold security procedures and train staff in dealing with shoplifters, disorderly customers, emergencies, and inclement weather.
10. Ensure coordination of in store events, store tours, in store materials, and farmers market.
11. Coordinate active and passive demos within location.
12. Maintain all exterior areas of the store including parking lot, sidewalk, street areas adjacent to the store, exterior of the building etc.
13. Facilitate the store level meetings.
SUPERVISON—for Service Clerks and Floor Managers:
1. Hire qualified applicants following established policy.
2. Ensure consistent on-the-job training.
3. Ensure all Service Clerks and Floor Mangers are educated on Co-op basics, including the importance of membership.
4. Conduct performance evaluations.
5. Recommend pay raises within department budget.
6. Take disciplinary action as needed following established policies.
7. Schedule hours for department staff within budget. This is to include running a register at busy times and during breaks, as well as covering for absences of cashiers and floor managers.
8. Organize meetings of department staff as needed.
9. Ensure that all department staff are informed of notices and policy changes.
1. Participate in regular meetings as requested by the Service Coordinator.
2. Review financial reports of department performance and take corrective action as needed.
3. Ensure that employees are parking in designated areas and that our customers parking needs take priority.
4. Promote our bike and walk to work programs among staff.
5. Use appropriate language, behavior, appearance and overall conduct with or in the presence of customers, vendors, and store personnel according to BCS policies.
6. Pursue continuing education opportunities when possible and appropriate.
7. Coordinate events around the store, including weekday Farmers’ Market, events on/near the B-Line, and Madison Festival Street.
8. Perform other tasks assigned by Service Coordinator.
- Supervision experience--hiring, training, evaluating.
- Experience developing systems and procedures.
- Experience serving the public.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Calmness under pressure.
- Ability to project an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Communications skills: good listening, clear instructions.
- Familiarity with natural foods.
- Attention to detail, accuracy.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Willingness and flexibility to meet the changing requirements of the job.