You can play an important role in ensuring the success of the Old Creamery Co-op! We're looking for an energetic, enthusiastic co-op supporter with marketing savvy to develop and implement a marketing plan that will increase the visibility, excitement, and activity level of the Creamery.
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Excellent communication skills through a wide range of venues (in-person, written, and via social media)
• Self-starter who is able to motivate and engage others
• Ability to work well with others, including both volunteers as well as staff
• Possesses a strong belief in the necessity and importance of the Creamery Co-op in the community and a desire to spread the word about the store and its activities
• Experience with marketing planning and communications highly desirable
Work closely with the Old Creamery Co-op's General Manager and appropriate staff to:
• Develop an overall strategy and process for consistent, frequent communication with the Creamery's member-owners and with the wider community, with the goal of increasing customer engagement and store traffic.
• Develop a one-year marketing plan along with a month-by-month calendar for store events; mailings, blog postings, and other regular communications; store special and promotions; advertising; and other outreach events for the community.
• Expand and develop new content for the Old Creamery website; identify ways to make the website and blog most effective; maintain and expand the Creamery's presence on Facebook and other social media.
• Develop and put into place a plan for using the Creamery's bulletin boards most effectively.
• Establish strong communication networks and partnerships with volunteers and other groups in the community who are invested in and connected to the Old Creamery Co-op. Determine the most effective way to engage each group and individual in helping to accomplish the Creamery's marketing plan.
• Work with volunteers to plan and execute special promotional events for the Creamery; provide support and oversight to the volunteers in organizing and staffing the events.
• Develop creative and innovative ways to reach out to various segments of the Creamery's market, as well as potential markets that don't yet know about or frequent the Old Creamery.