Co-opportunity; Santa Monica's only Member-owned Natural Food Grocer since 1974, is looking for a full time [40 hrs] Deli Manager within a retail grocery setting. You will be managing our Deli in all aspects of operations including; motivating, inspiring and delegating tasks to staff, managing the financial success of the department, overseeing the creation of and maintenance of an attractive deli and kitchen environment; overseeing the maintenance and creation of all deli items (hot and salad bar, cold display case, sandwiches, juice and coffee bar beverages, etc.); ensuring clean and safe deli and kitchen operations, providing outstanding customer service and overseeing/creating all processes and procedures of the deli.
A pioneer in the natural and organic foods industry, we're a member-run organization providing a community resource for healthy living.
We're looking for dedicated people to help us continue to thrive as a treasured Westside favorite.
Our staff's primary responsibility is to provide exceptional service to our loyal shoppers and members.
Benefits of working with Co-opportunity include:
* FREE Medical/Dental/Vision/Life benefits.
* Free Employee Assistance Program; free Mental health and Legal assistance
* a 401K with employer 100% up to 3% staff salary match
* Bonus incentives
* Management benefits
* Transportation bonus contests
* Employee Discount
* Easy to join Membership structure; Membership benefits once joined
* Vacation and personal days pay
* Opportunities to learn about Co-ops, Organics & natural foods plus Healthy Bodycare
We're looking for someone who ideally:
* Has deli/or juice bar management experience.
* Has ability to plan, develop, and implement systems to provide for efficient and productive operations
* Has proven ability to develop and implement budgets and to adhere to cost and margin requirements
* Previous experience with ordering, pricing, and inventory control,
* Ability to work well with others in a cooperative environment where teamwork and constant communication is essential,
* Commitment to superior customer service and to provide the highest quality shopping experience possible,
* Demonstrates an ability to follow through on commitments.
* Has a high regard for personal responsibility and initiative
* Demonstrates excellent listening and verbal communication skills
* Has a flexible schedule
* Demonstrates an interest in and enthusiasm for learning about our store and in maintaining and promoting our store's standards for operation
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below and apply under the heading Deli Manager.
DO NOT email your resume to us or call us as we only accept applications through our website.