Join the North Coast Co-Op Team!
In addition to being dedicated to the community, as well as being the only certified organic store in the area, North Coast Co-op is also a fantastic employer with excellent benefits—making us a great place to work! We are looking for hard working, fun people with a passion for food, community and sustainability to join our team. Since we are unionized, many of our retail positions are also part of a bargaining unit organized by UFCW Local 5.
We are looking for a talented Facilities Manager to join our team.
Title: Full Time, Non Exempt, Corporate.
Location: Eureka and Arcata, CA
SUMMARY: Responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds at all North Coast Co-op locations, directing staff and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies, grounds keeping, security, renovation projects, facility modifications, waste reduction efforts and safety inspections. As a member of the management team, this position requires professionalism, strong leadership, routine meetings, budget development, reporting and interaction with the board of directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- · Oversees activities of the Maintenance Department to ensure timely repair and maintenance of the physical stores, office spaces, and equipment.
- · Oversees activities of the Janitorial Department to ensure routine cleaning and waste disposal of the stores, office spaces, and equipment.
- · Oversees activities of the Sustainability Officer to ensure progress towards sustainability goals.
- · Oversees grounds keeping, company vehicle maintenance and repair, and special projects.
- · Oversees security, including contracted personnel, access to buildings and staff safety.
- · Ensures safety procedures and inspections are in place for staff, vendors and others in compliance with all legal government agencies and insurance standards.
- · Provides leadership in emergency/accident situations.
- · Negotiates with outside vendors for supplies, repairs, service contracts and other measures.
- · Maintains records of equipment purchases, maintenance and repairs.
- · Develops facilities plan, labor budget and participates in long-term planning.
- · Serves as project manager on small and large renovations and facilities upgrades.
- · Respond to GM as assigned with accurate and timely work.
- · Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
- · Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- · Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- · Bachelor’s Degree, AA or HS diploma or equivalent
- · At least 3-5 year’s equivalent relevant experience is required.
- · Experience in leadership and project management, including tracking and reporting data.
- · Knowledge of appropriate cleaning methods and materials.
- · Read and interpret documents in English such as invoices, safety rules, operating and procedure manuals.
- · Able to write in English such as comments on invoices or safety logs.
- · Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision and to determine own work priorities within departmental guidelines.
- · Ability to handle multiple demands, problem solve, and research information.
- · Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, effective manner.
- · Demonstrate objectivity, neutrality, and calmness under pressure.
- · Excellent sense of organization and follow-through on commitments.
- · Basic knowledge in building, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration systems maintenance and repair.
- · Basic understanding of OSHA safety requirements.
- · Basic understanding of building and grounds construction and operations and repair requirements.
- · Knowledge of and passion for sustainability issues and the natural food industry
Fast paced retail floor and kitchen, warehouse and loading bay. Work near moving mechanical parts (i.e. coffee/juice machines, ovens, slicers, mixers, etc.) and in cold/hot climate conditions (i.e. cooler or near stove). Ability to work in moderate and loud noise environments including, but not limited to: computers, paging, telephones, human voices, and machinery.
- · To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required.
- · Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- · The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- · The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Based in Eureka, regularly travels between all North Coast Co-op locations.
The North Coast Co-Operative provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The North Coast Co-Operative complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.