Started by Melissa Elkins, Administrative Assistant/Sustainability Program Coordinator, on Fri 10 May 2013 - Last comment 43 weeks 1 day ago
We have used 'cart stops' in our parking lots for a number of years, and recently found out that they are no longer manufactured. In case you don't know, 'cart stops' are attached to your parking lot next to parking spots and have a little well for a cart wheel to be inserted into so the cart doesn't roll away while the customer is unloading it (see attached PDF). We are having a mold fabricated and are wondering if there are any other co-ops out there that would like to purchase some from us once we place our order - they work really great if you have any slope to your parking lot at all. Details:
- They will say "Co-op Cart Stop" on them.
- We don't know what color they will be yet (we are thinking about requesting them to be lime green).
- The first order will be the most expensive since we have to pay to have the mold made and will depend on the order size - we are expecting to pay about $7 a stop if we order 1000 on this first order (we use about 150 for our two lots, and they last a number of years if you don't have to scrape your lot in the winter) and they should be a couple dollars less the next time we order.
- They will be available mid summer.
- You'll have to pay for the shipping costs from our store to yours (depending on how many you would want, we would most likely be able to use Priority Mail so it shouldn't be too expensive to ship).
- Because we have used them before, we were able to ask for some serious improvements to the design - they will be solid instead of hollow so we are expecting them to last a little longer