The Blueprint for a Cooperative Decade is the overarching agenda for the ICA, its members, and the cooperative movement. It is a five-point plan with individual strategies:
- Elevate participation within membership and governance to a new level.
- Position cooperatives as builders of sustainability.
- Build the cooperative message and secure the cooperative identity.
- Ensure supportive legal frameworks for cooperative growth.
- Secure reliable cooperative capital while -guaranteeing member control.
The strategy intends to take the cooperative way of business to a new level. At the heart of the blueprint is the “2020 challenge” which is that by 2020 -cooperatives will become:
- The acknowledged leader in economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
- The business model preferred by people.
- The fastest growing form of enterprise. www.ica.coop/en/blueprint