One of the most vibrant areas of CGN is its discussion groups. Serving a variety of special interests, the discussion groups provide a lively forum for topics related to food co-ops. The groups also offer a valuable exchange of ideas and resources that support the growth and development of food co-ops, as well as create community among cooperators.
Visit our Discussion Groups page here: NEEDS LINK!!!
CGN Resource Library
CGN provides an area for CGN members to share information, ideas, and resources. These password-protected pages are accessible only to CGN members to protect the proprietary interests of co-ops and to ensure that materials are being shared exclusively with other cooperative organizations and CGN members.
- Documents—featuring over 2,000 sample forms, articles, training materials, policy manuals, brochures, and other items.
- Deli recipe exchange—with over 600 deli recipes in 18 categories.
- Basic retail operations manual—materials covering all aspects of food co-op operations developed by the University of Wisconsin Urban Cooperative Initiative.
- Photo gallery—with exhibits illustrating merchandising, displays, equipment, store tours,and other items of interest.
- Livable Wage model—developed by CGN to help co-ops calculate the livable wage for their communities and what rate would need to be paid in wages by the co-op after factoring in key employee benefits.
General web pages and information
These pages provide general information of interest or value to all food co-ops and are open to anyone:
- How to Start a Food Co-op manual
- Links of special interest to food co-ops
- News items featuring food co-ops
- Job openings in co-ops
- CCMA (Consumer Cooperative Management Association) information
- NCGA Toolbox manuals [purpose]
- Information for directors of food co-ops
- Other general information
CHECK LIST ESP VIDEO AREA!