PRESENT: John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Travis Hance, Jane Harter, Alysen Land, Deirdrie Lang and Doug Walter
STAFF: Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 12:02 p.m. (CDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approved
3. Minutes of the meeting of 27 January 2011 was approved:
M/S: Doug/Alysen: approved the minutes as amended
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Central Corridor discussion (agenda addition). Dan reported on CGIN related discussions that occurred at the Central Corridor meeting. Alysen received questions on why CGIN remains independent from NCGA and why the increase in cost. One member was unhappy about the membership dues change. Dan has requested that the board consider actively engaging with corridors when the opportunities arise. Further discussion on this will be listed on the Feb/Mar CGIN board agenda.
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly and asked specific questions:
- Advisory committee: Jane will provide the board with a short proposal on her vision of the advisory committee.
- Membership: the board would consider additional support for tiny stores. It was noted that supporting these tiny stores and start-ups increases the potential growth opportunities for number of members served by CGIN.
- Site statistics: increase in site statistics is impressive.
- Web content and services: Bella is working on training videos, but challenged with posting them on the CGIN site.
C. NOMINATING COMMITTEE
Alysen reported that there are three interested individuals, and two are board members. She inquired as to how many candidates were needed and it was agreed that at least one other person handling store operations would be ideal. In addition to all candidates requiring a letter of support from the organization’s General manager or equivalent, the board determined two additional questions that will be required of all board members:
1) When does their board term end?
2) Does the co-op commit to sending them to CCMA for the next three years?
Alysen will be in touch with the potential nominees. Bella will revise the list of CGIN members to point out which ones are in the Western Corridor and will send that to Alysen and Travis.
D. MEMBER SURVEY RESULTS
Response rate is too low to make any conclusions. Discussion included jazzing up CGIN messages. There was interest in changing CGIN’s listserve message appearance to be more user friendly, but at this time Bella doesn’t believe that option is possible. She’ll research if the new system will allow that. Bella will send a final plea message for people to respond to the survey.
E. BURNING ISSUES
- Board prefers to hold the Annual Meeting on Thursday evening at 6pm, prior to the buffet and Howard Bowers event
- LinkedIn message sent out on the MandM listserve.
- MandM subscriber is interested in starting MandM Facebook group. Bella will forward the conversation to the board. Social media and CGIN involvement would be a good discussion for the Strategic Planning Session.
Next meeting: March 17th at 10am Pacific (12pm Central; 1pm Eastern)
Meeting ended 12:59 p.m. Central
Minutes by Bella Waters