PRESENT: John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Travis Hance, Jane Harter, Deirdrie Lang and Doug Walter
ABSENT: Alysen Land
STAFF: Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m. (CDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approved
3. Minutes of the meeting of 21 October 2010:
M/S: Doug/Dan: approve the minutes
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Membership: briefly reviewed new members
- Site statistics: enjoy the visual graph and the steady increase in site usage.
- Web support services: updated the board on timeline for the listserve maintenance system.
- YTD financials: look great considering the economy. Shows that we’re able to retain members through the value of CGIN.
C. NCGA MANAGEMENT CONTRACT
Dan explained the background on how the resolution came about. Dan and Bella will work to include language regarding the payment schedule and in the event that the resolution is terminated, deposited monies will be returned based on the number of days remaining in the quarter paid. Overall, the board is supportive of the resolution, but will make a final vote via e-mail when the final version is available.
M/S: Doug/Dan: approve the resolution once it includes the new language regarding termination and payment schedule.
Other items discussed:
- Interest in the board to communicate to members that the change in fee structure wasn’t motivated by the resolution, but an interest to bring more value, at a greater ease to members. The organization is prepared to go in the red during this transition.
- It was decided that John and Dan will sign the approved resolution.
- Dan will be single point of contact for Bella, with a backup who is yet to be determined.
- Meeting frequency will be discussed at the January meeting.
Discussion regarding the board and membership policies included:
- Specialized listserves: point 3 will include further language regarding our intent to close the listserve archive access to those subscribers. Also, point 5, reduce confusion by replacing contact person with gatekeeper and replace on the third line, replace anyone with everyone. There was desire from the board to ensure members are aware of the restricted nature of the archives during the enrollment process, and once that system has been rolled out. The notion that listserves function more efficiently when there’s limited subscribers is not born out in the CGIN general listserve that has 750 participants.
- Membership policies: Board excited about new membership options.
M/S: Dan/Travis: approve the new membership changes.
- Credit for contributions: board feels this is no longer necessary
M/S: Doug/Travis: remove Credit for Contributions policy from the policy registrar.
E. 2011 WORKPLAN AND BUDGET
Workplan and budget were reviewed. Some budget line items have been broken up to show greater detail. However, this change was not transferred to the 2010 budget or projected year end. Overall, looks good.
M/S: Doug/Dan: approve the 2011 workplan and budget.
Last week in January. Specific date will be determined via MeetingWizard.
Dan closed the meeting by acknowledging all the additional work the board has done, resulting in an excellent year. The board’s work has made CGIN be a good organization!
Meeting ended 1:05 p.m. Central
Minutes by Bella Waters