Board of Directors Meeting - 19 August 2010
PRESENT: John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Travis Hance, Jane Harter, Alysen Land, and Doug Walter
ABSENT: Deirdrie Lang
STAFF: Paula Gilbertson, Robynn Shrader, and Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:01 a.m. (PDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approved
3. Minutes of the meeting of 9 June 2010:
M/S: Doug/Alysen: approve the minutes.
4. Minutes of the meeting of 11 June 2010:
M/S: Doug/Dan: approve the minutes.
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Task list: Dan suggested that the board discuss a communication campaign for increasing the membership cost. Board discussed ideas for monies in the CD and felt that current interest rates do not justify spending staff time to research options for sweep accounts or splitting the monies into short-term and long-term CDs.
- Site statistics and usage: Board was supportive of using Google Analytics for monthly site statistics data. Staff will compare the last year of Google Analytics data with current site statistics software to determine if the numbers are comparable before the switch.
- Web content and services: Bella will communicate directly with members who have not added user accounts to see if they need assistance.
- Web support services: board was supportive of staff researching website developer options. Robynn noted that NCGA has received six responses to their RFP and it’s her intent that NCGA and CGIN will migrate together to another developer.
- Annual meeting donations: Bella will send approval e-mail to Local Growers Guild. Donation process will be discussed closer to the 2011 meeting. Preference is to have local co-op suggest potential organizations and staff be in touch with them directly to determine their needs and how the potential donation will be spent.
- Follow-up from Strategic Planning Session: Nominating committee will have charter available by the October meeting. Management contract language committee will meet in the next two weeks to start working on new draft. Bella will send out Meeting Wizard to determine the time.
C. 2011 WORKPLAN DRAFT
Board was excited about the plan and it will be sent to Triangle Park to determine estimated costs for the technology services.
D. 2011 MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Overall, board approved of the membership levels and will provide more feedback via e-mail to be included in the October board packet. Items discussed included:
- Unlimited listserves – ex. could have all six subscriptions on the M&M
- Unlimited subscribers
- CGIN is easy with enhanced level
- Difference between enhanced and associate level
- Potentially including website support as a benefit (one hour per year)
- Robynn asked the board to considering what they want service from CGIN to look like and then determine what needs to happen to make that a reality.
E. MEETING SCHEDULE
Confirmed the meeting schedule for the 2011:
- Thursday, March 17th
- Thursday, May 19th
21 October at 10:00am PT, 12:00pm CT, and 1:00pm ET
Meeting ended 11:04 a.m. Pacific
Minutes by Bella Waters