PRESENT: John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Gail Graham, Alysen Land, Deirdrie Lang, Doug Walter and Karen Zimbelman.
ABSENT: Steve Cooke
STAFF: Paula Gilbertson and Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:02 a.m. (PDT) by Gail Graham
2. The agenda was approved
3. Minutes of the meeting of 16 March 2009:
M/S: Doug/Alysen: approve the minutes. Approved unanimously.
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Membership and membership renewal: PCC has renewed their 2009 CGIN membership.
- Site statistics and usage: We’ve completed a year of using the current site statistics software. Livable wage model purchases are low, but they’re typically a second half of the year purchase. Some board members noted that they are using their local livable wage model, rather than CGIN’s.
- Web content and services: Interest in separate board logins, which can result in finer control and help gleam different information from the directors of CGIN members. Possibly having a constant board login per co-op and then changing the password quarterly.
- 2009 YTD financial statements: look good.
- 2009 progress: How to Start a Food Co-op manual update – need to maintain relationship with Food Co-op 500 and ensure our steps are align. Interested to see what happens with Peter Couchman and Plunkett in terms of how US and UK co-ops can collaborate. Blog list will be one webpage that lists all new blog entries from CGIN members and will be helpful to marketing departments to see what other co-ops are blogging about.
C. NOMINATING COMMITTEE REPORT
Election in progress with three candidates: John Eichholz, Deirdrie Land, and Laura Schmidt. All board members should make sure they received the election notification e-mail on May 1st. Election reminder will be sent out two weeks prior to the closing of the online election. We’ll be sure to remind people that paper ballots will not be available at the Annual Meeting.
D. STRATEGIC PLANNING SESSION
Bella reviewed the draft agenda for the session and will work with Paula on finalizing the times. If board members are interested in holding an executive session at 9:40am, send interest to Dan. Listserve proposal will be discussed during other board business.
E. ANNUAL MEETING PREPARATION
Reviewed the agenda, with the addition of handing out certificates in section B. Gail and Doug will announce election results, KZ will facilitate the pledge for new items section, while Deirdrie, Alysen and Bella hand out chocolate, and Bella will check with Steve to see if he can hand out certificates. Board members will take notes during the listserve brainstorming/networking session. Dan will host Jeopardy. Dessert will follow after the meeting.
10 June at 10:00 am Eastern in Pittsburg. Details will be available 1 June.
minutes by Bella Waters