PRESENT: Steve Cooke, John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Gail Graham, Alysen Land, Deirdrie Lang, Doug Walter and Karen Zimbelman.
STAFF: Ben Nauman, Robynn Shrader, Chris von Rabenau and Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 1:32 p.m. (PDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approve
3. Minutes of the meeting of 25 August 2008: amend to correct C.1 NCBA relationship.
M/S: Doug/John: approve the minutes with noted changes. Approved unanimously.
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Web content and services: To submit a CoopTube video, the videos have to be uploaded to an outside website (YouTube, Google Video) first. KZ explained what the LEAD program is and that it’s currently only available to NCGA Western Corridor members. Recent listserve discussion has directors wondering if CGIN could make money by offering online board packet space and also internal websites for stores. Team CGIN will look into these.
- Site statistics and usage: Interesting to see the breakdown of the states.
- Financials: Board pleased with current status of financials.
C. 2009 GOALS AND BUDGET ASSUMPTIONS
1.2nd draft of 2009 goals: Looks like a good, ambitious plan. Discussion included:
- 1.C – CGIN will be working with contractors to gather the materials to update the manual.
- 3.B – Bella explained that our goal is to take first steps in connecting with food co-ops in other countries, hopefully by connecting with some key individuals in DC in conjunction with the Emerging Co-op Leaders program.
- 3.A – CGIN will be working with NCGA to determine what support is needed on go.coop. Original thinking is with a listserve, discussion board, blog, etc.
2.Budget assumption overview: assumptions look correct. Co-op Foundation and Blooming Prairie were recommended as possible grant funders. Board will approve the workplan and budget at the December meeting. If there are any major changes to the budget/workplan the CGIN board will be contacted asap.
D. LOOKING AHEAD AND WRAP-UP
15 December 2008 at 10am Pacific, 12pm Central, 1 pm Eastern.
minutes by Bella Waters