PRESENT: Gail Graham, Anne Hopkins, Patrice Jennings, Pam Mehnert, Doug Walter, Kelly Wiseman, and Karen Zimbelman.
REGRETS: Steve Cooke.
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
- The meeting was called to order at 10:04 a.m. (PST) by Gail Graham.
- The agenda was approved as presented.
- Minutes of the meeting of 4 January 2005:
M/S: Doug/Anne: approve the minutes as presented. Approved unanimously.
B. REPORTS AND DISCUSSION
Operations report. The board reviewed KZ’s operations report. Specific items discussed:
- web content and stats: The board discussed the need for information to explain to users how the site works – especially vis-à-vis the recent changes regarding access and the different sections of the site. Separate explanations are needed for the contact person (especially for new members and new contact people) and for board members (to supply to newly elected or newly plugged in directors).
- web support services: KZ described upcoming changes to the site: an online member administration system to better automate those systems, a password retrieval system, automatic de-activation of passwords, and interactive pages for posting job listings and classifieds. She is hopeful that these changes will be activated soon.
- Annual Meeting scheduling: KZ will work on getting the time and details settled soon.
- financials: 2004 definitely was a great year for CGIN financially. In terms of the YTD statements, KZ reminded the board that the statements are on a cash basis – so the YTD amount for usage fees isn’t a big concern.
C. ANNUAL MEETING PREPARATIONS
1. Nominating Committee report: The board discussed potential candidates; Kelly and Patrice will follow-up.
2. Meeting schedule and planning: The board discussed several aspects of upcoming meeting plans and schedule with the following conclusions.
3. strategic planning session: tentatively scheduled for Wednesday morning; focus will be on CGIN’s future; Kelly and Gail will co-facilitate; coordinate with NCGA board meeting times; invite Paul Hazen and board candidates
4. member survey: The board discussed the advantages and disadvantages of doing a member survey – especially in light of the comments and feedback just received on the member renewal survey. Doug and Steve will confer and decide on how to proceed by 25 March.
5. Annual Meeting: The board discussed gift ideas. KZ will follow-up.
D. LOOKING AHEAD AND WRAP-UP
Upcoming meetings: 10 May 2005 (conference call at 10:00 PST)
Meeting adjourned at 11:09 a.m. PST.
Minutes by Karen Zimbelman