PRESENT: Steve Cooke, Gail Graham, Anne Hopkins, Patrice Jennings, Pam Mehnert, Doug Walter, Kelly Wiseman, and Karen Zimbelman.
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
- The meeting was called to order at 5:15 p.m. by Gail Graham.
- The agenda was approved as presented.
- Minutes of the meeting of 11 May 2004:
M/S: Kelly/Doug: approve the minutes as presented. Approved unanimously.
- Review of task list from May meeting: postponed
B. BOARD REORGANIZATION
Welcome to Steve and Doug: The board welcomed Steve and Doug. KZ will send some background materials via e-mail.
Officers: By acclamation, the following directors were elected as officers of the CGIN board for 2004-2005.
* President Gail Graham * Treasurer Pam Mehnert (will also serve as second account signer) * Secretary Anne Hopkins
M/S: Kelly/Patrice: approve the above as CGIN officers and to appoint Pam Mehnert to continue to serve as the second account signer on the CGIN account at Coast Central Credit Union. Approved unanimously.
director emeritus: The board appointed Dan Foley as a CGIN director emeritus for one year to continue to benefit from his perspective and involvement as he feels he is able to contribute. This means that Dan will get meeting packets and notifications and he will be invited to join all board meetings (including the strategic planning session) at his discretion.
committees: The following directors were appointed to the board’s committees:
- Nominating Kelly and Patrice
- Membership will be officers: Gail, Pam, and Anne
The Membership Committee will consider proposed policy changes to the associate member policy as it pertains to individuals interested in joining CGIN.
C. OTHER BUSINESS
Schedule future board meetings: the board will meet per the following schedule:
* 14 September 2004 * 14 December 2004 * 15 March 2005 * 10 May 2005 * 8 June (Wednesday) — strategic planning session * 9 June (Thursday) — annual meeting * 10 June (Friday) — board re-organization meeting (in person)
The board may consider an in-person meeting at the NCGA general assembly.
Discussion/follow-up from strategic planning session. The board clarified that CGIN will not pursue the virtual trade show at this time. Gail requested that notes from the planning session be incorporated into the annual meeting notes for easy reference. Focus for discussions next year: national organizations and how CGIN fits into that picture.
Discussion/follow-up from annual meeting: Discussed potential gifts for next year’s annual meeting.
D. LOOKING AHEAD/WRAP-UP
Next meeting: 14 September by conference call at 11:00 CDT.
Meeting adjourned at 5:45 p.m.
Minutes by Karen Zimbelman